Sunday 21 July 2013

Transcendental Quotes

Hi there, 
If you've reached this post, I assume you thirst for words that would get you on high and make your day. Well, I have no ideas to disappoint you, so I've put together some really good hollywood movie quotes, which may not necessarily be the usual cool or motivational type, but the ones which I thought could possibly transcend your mind to even a much better state, I've added images that might match to the quotes too!

Nuff said, just go on with the quotes and share your comments (only if it made you feel any better)

1. Forrest Gump (1994):

[Forrest's narrative]
"My Mama always told me that miracles happen every day. Some people don't think so, but they do."


[Forrest's narrative]
"I don't know if Momma was right, I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time."



2. Shawshank Redemption(1994):

[In Andy's letter to Red]
"...Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."


[Red's narrative]
"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."


[Red's narrative]
"I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."


3. Independence Day(1996):

[President Whitmore's address]
"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"



4. The Matrix(1999):

[Morpheus to Neo]
"What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."


5. Gladiator(2000):

[Maximus to soldiers]
 "...Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity."




6. Bruce Almighty(2003):

[God to Bruce Nolan]
"Parting your soup is not a miracle, Bruce, it's a magic trick. A single mom who's working two jobs, and still finds time to take her kid to soccer practice, that's a miracle. A teenager who says no to drugs and yes to an education, that's a miracle. People want Me to do everything for them, but what they don't realize is, they have the power. You want to see a miracle, son? Be the miracle."


7. The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King(2003):

[Aragorn to his army]
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"


8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004):

[Dumbledore to Hogwarts students]
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.”


9. Spiderman 2(2004):

[Aunt May to Peter Parker]
"Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams."


10. I, Robot(2004):

[Dr.Lanning's recording]
"Ever since the first computers, there have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote... of a soul?"


11. Batman Begins(2005):

[Ra's Al Ghul to Bruce]
"..training is nothing! will is everything! The will to act."


[Batman to Rachel Dawes]
"It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me."


12. War of the Worlds(2005):

[Narration]
"From the moment the invaders arrived, breathed our air, ate and drank, they were doomed. They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth. By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain."

 

13. V for Vendetta(2006):

[V to Mr.Creedy]
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."


14. The Pursuit of Happyness(2006):

[Mr.Garner's narrative]
"It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson, the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking: How did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue. And maybe we can actually never have it, no matter what. How did he know that?"


[Mr.Garner to his son]
"Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period. All right?"










15. Rocky Balboa(2006):

[Rocky Balboa to his Son]
"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!"



16. The Astronaut Farmer(2007):

[Charles Farmer to the jury]
"Somewhere along the line we stopped believing we could do anything. And if we don’t have our dreams, we have nothing."


17. 300(2007):

[King Leonidas to Xerxes]
"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many and, before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed."


18. Spiderman 3(2007):

[Peter's narrative]
"Whatever comes our way... whatever battle is raging inside us, we always have a choice. My friend Harry taught me that. He chose to be the best of himself. It’s the choices that make us what we are... and we can always choose to do what's right."


19. I am Legend(2007):

[Dr.Robert Neville to Anna] 

He had this idea. It was kind of a virologist idea. He believed that you could cure racism and hate... literally cure it, by injecting music and love into people's lives. When he was scheduled to perform at a peace rally, a gunman came to his house and shot him down. Two days later he walked out on that stage and sang. When they asked him why - He said, "The people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness."

20. The Dark Knight(2008):

[Alfred to Bruce Wayne]
"They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Batman. He can be the outcast. He can make the choice that no one else can make — the right choice."


[Batman to Jim Gordon]
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things, because I'm not a hero, I killed those people, that's what I can be. I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be. Call it in."

 

[Batman to Jim Gordon]
"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."


[Jim Gordon to his son]
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."



21. Star Trek(2009):

[Captain Pike to Kirk]
"Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including yours. I dare you to do better."


22. Terminator Salvation(2009):

[John Connor's recording]
"What is it that makes us human? It's not something you can program. You can't put it into a chip. It's the strength of the human heart. The difference between us and machines. Skynet's global network remains strong, but we will not quit, until all of it's destroyed. This is John Connor. There is no fate but what we make."


23. Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen (2009):

[Optimus Prime's narrative]
"Our races, united by a history long forgotten and a future we shall face together. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message so that our past will always be remembered. For in those memories, we live on."


24. Avatar(2009):

[Jake Sully to Navi people]
"The Sky People have sent us a message: that they can take whatever they want. That no one can stop them. Well, we will send them a message: that they cannot take whatever they want! And that this...this is our land!"


25. Inception(2010):

[Dominic Cobb to Saito]
"What's the most resilient parasite? A bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm?
An idea. Resilient, highly contagious. Once an idea's taken hold in the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate."


26. Captain America - The First Avenger(2011):

[Steve Rogers to James 'Bucky' Barnes]

"...there are men laying down their lives and I've got no right to do any less than them. This isn't about me"

27. The Avengers(2012):

[Nick Fury to Steve Rogers and Tony Stark]

"There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, so when we needed them, they could fight the battles that we never could."

28. The Dark Knight Rises(2012):

[Jim Gordon at Bruce Wayne's funeral]
"I see a beautiful city.... and a brilliant people, rising from this abyss..... I see the lives, for which I lay down my life - peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy..... I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence..... It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known......"



29. Man of Steel(2013):

[Lois Lane to Perry White]
"How do you find someone who has spent a lifetime covering his tracks?  For some, he was a guardian angel.  To others, a ghost who never quite fit in."


[Jonathan Kent to Junior Clarke Kent]
"You are not just anyone. One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, it's going to change the world."




[Jor-El to Kal-El/Superman]
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they  will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."




"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.They change things. They push the human race forward.
 
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment